Many people have asked if Medifast is a good diet program. One way to answer that question is to look at some facts and information about the program and any positive reviews from people that have used it. There has been an enormous number of studies done to show that the plan is effective but is it manageable? If you buy don’t forget to use a Medifast coupon code as well to save money.
Medifast is one of several diets programs that incorporate liquid meal replacement shakes with regular food to help dieters lower their calorie intake while maintaining their nutritional needs. Many dieters do not get adequate nutrition in the food they eat and the meal replacements help to fulfill the daily requirements of vitamins and minerals.
To lose weight you must limit your consumption of fat and calories by restricting the amount of food you consume per day. The average person should consume 1,200 to 1,800 calories per day to lose weight. One way to ensure that you get good nutrition while keeping your calories low is to combine real food with meal replacements like those on the Medifast diet program. Here are a few facts about the program:
1. The program consists of five meal replacements and one regular meal per day.
2. You are not required to count calories or keep track of what you eat throughout the day.
3. Choose from shakes, soups and meal replacement bars for your 5 replacements and lean chicken, beef or fish plus vegetables or green salad for your one real food meal. Other allowed foods include sugar-free popsicles, jello, low calorie beverages, coffee and tea.
4. Exercise in moderation three to five times per week.
1. Calories are restricted to 1,200 per day with no alcohol allowed.
2. Caffeinated beverages are limited to three cups per day.
3. Limited variety of foods.
4. Very low in carbohydrates during the initial phase, no starches allowed. Only vegetables with a low carbohydrate count are allowed. Potatoes, noodles and rice are limited during the weight loss phase but allowed back during transition to the maintenance plan.
Medifast was developed and approved by physicians as a healthy way to lose weight because it includes the vitamins and minerals needed to be healthy. It follows the suggestions of six small meals per day instead of three larger meals to avoid the body moving into starvation mode and storing fat. Moderate exercise is also recommended for weight loss and improving muscle tone. Many people who have tried the diet reported successful results.